Saturday 23 August 2014

FREE PATTERN: Dal/Byul Basic Earflap Hat

This week I thought I'd share my pattern for my Basic Earflap Hat, in Dal/Byul size :)

This size hat is very similar to the Neo Blythe version, except for a few less rows and a smaller hook. But it's generally the same maximum no. of stitches round in the end round, etc :)

Like with all my patterns - I don't mind if you sell hats made using them. The way I see it is you're the one sitting there and making the actual item, and I just provide the instructions. I would however be very grateful for a shout out if you do sell hats on Etsy and places. Also, please don't copy other peoples designs - it's not cool and is upsetting to the designer - I've had it happen with my Punky Monkey hats before and it's not nice to see :(

Okie doke, I hope enjoy the pattern! <3



You Will Need:

  • Crochet Hook (I used 4mm, G)
  • Double Knit Yarn
  • Yarn/Embroidery Needle

Abbreviations
  • Ch - Chain Stitch
  • Sc - Single Crochet
  • Inc (Increase) - 2 Sc in 1 St
  • Dec (Decrease) - 1 Sc over 2 Sts

Gauge
  • 10 DC and 4 rows = 2’’ square approx.

Finished Size
  • With correct gauge, finished hat measures approx. 12’’ around.

Other Info
  • I write my patterns in American terms, so Sc means Single Crochet; Dc means Double Crochet etc. 
  • The number at the end of each round is the number of stitches you should now have.  
  • Please follow the gauge and adjust yarn and hook size if needed. Incorrect gauge will result in hat being a considerably different size to that stated.



Pattern

1. Ch 2, Sc 6 into 2nd Ch from hook, or Magic Ring 6 (6)
2. Inc around (12)
3. *Sc, Inc* around (18)
4. *Sc 2, Inc* around (24)
5. *Sc 3, Inc* around (30)
6. *Sc 4, Inc* around (36)
7. *Sc 5, Inc* around (42)
8-9. Sc around (42)
10. *Sc 20, Inc* around (44)
11-12. Sc around (44)
13. *Sc 21, Inc* around (46)
14-15. Sc around (46)
16. *Sc 22, Inc* around (48)
17-18. Sc around (48). Ch1, turn.
19. Sc 30 (30) Ch1, turn.
20. *Sc 2, Dec*, Sc 1 across (23) Ch1, turn.
Earflap 1 (Right)
21. Sc 6 (6). Ch1, turn.
22. Sc 1, Dec, Dec, Sc 1 (4). Ch1, turn.
23. Sc 4 (4). Ch1, turn.
24. Dec x 2 (2)
*Finish Off, Sew in tail*

Earflap 2 (Left)

Attach yarn 6 Sts in from the opposite edge of the hat (You will be working on the ‘wrong’ side of the hat in the first row)

1. Sc 6 (6). Ch1, turn.
2. Sc 1, Dec, Dec, Sc 1 (4). Ch1, turn.
3. Sc 4 (4). Ch1, turn.
4. Dec x 2 (2)
*Finish Off, Sew in tail*



Assembly

  • Single Crochet around the whole hat, once. Finish off and sew in all ends
  • Cut 12 lengths of yarn, approx. 9’’ long, and thread half of them, 2 at a time, in half through the bottom of each earflap to make the cords. You should have 12 strands on each earflap to braid.
  • Decorate - Have fun!!


Enjoy! :D



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! <3